- Use of this service is strictly subject to this privacy notice. If you do not agree to its terms you must not use the service
- We may collect different types of personal information about you when you use this service including your name, email address, address, phone number and bank details
- We will also collect information about how you use this service
- The section How we use your information details all the ways we use your personal information, which includes:
- To identify appropriate energy suppliers in your area
- To fulfil an order that you place through this service
- To respond to an enquiry about this service
- To improve our services and to conduct research
- We will share some your information with energy suppliers; with HUGO; with our group company Moneysupermarket.com Limited (“MSM”) and as required by law
- Some of your personal information will be stored outside Europe
- You can ask us any questions about your personal information at any time by emailing email@example.com
Our registered address is:Decision Technologies Limited
High Holborn House
52-54 High Holborn
London WC1V 6RL
Our company number is 05341159
We take your privacy and the security of your personal information very seriously. We comply with the data protection laws and we are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (Registration No. Z932912X).
If after reading this privacy notice you still have any questions about how we use your personal information, please email our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to our Data Protection Officer at our registered address, above
When you use this service we may collect personal information about you. The type of personal information we collect will vary depending on the services you are using.
When you place an order for energy products that we fulfil through this service, the legal basis under which we collect and use your personal information is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract or pre-contractual steps. In all other instances, the legal basis under which we collect and use your personal information is that it is necessary for our legitimate business interests (for example, to improve our services and conduct research).
You have a right to object to this processing and the section How to get your information corrected or request we stop using it explains how you can do this.
We may collect:
- your email address, phone number, name, address, Meter Point Administration Number (MPAN), bank account details and other personal information to process an order you have placed with an energy supplier that we fulfil through this service;
- your name, email address, phone number and other personal information if you apply for a reward or special offer; and
for more information.
HUGO may provide us with some of your personal information (your email address, name, phone number and other personal information), if they want us to help with an enquiry you have relating to this service. Where we help with an enquiry, we act as a processor with respect to your personal information.
In all other instances where we collect your personal information, we act as a data controller.
The next section explains how we use your personal information.
- To process an order you have placed – If you place an order with an energy supplier through our service, we will collect your personal information and provide this to the supplier so they can process your order. We keep bank details for a maximum of 1 hour and any other personal information for a maximum of 48 hours
- To track sales – If you place an order with an energy supplier through our service, we will collect your personal information and use this to monitor the progress of your order. This may involve us sharing data with your energy supplier relating to the service you have purchased.
- To help you with an enquiry – If HUGO asks us to do so, we will use your personal information to communicate with you and help sort out your enquiry.
- To analyse and improve our services – We will use information of your visits to this service and how you use it so that we can devise ways of improving the layout of the service and create new services to make the experience more enjoyable and the easier to use. This information also allows us to understand the demand for our services at different times of the day and to make sure it always performs quickly. We keep this information for a maximum of 3 years
- To carry out research – We may use information of your visits to this service and your personal information to perform research to help us better understand the energy market and peoples’ use of energy services so that we can improve our own service. We keep this information for a maximum of 3 years
Special offer energy products will be exclusive to the Moneysupermarket group companies and its partner network.
When you use this service you are consenting to us sharing your information for the following purposes:
To display quotes and savings figures for energy services
In order to calculate the price of energy services at your property and to calculate savings figures based on your current energy supplier, we will share your personal information with:
- Electralink Limited to identify your current energy supplier and usage. They will not share your information with any other company or use it for any other purpose;
- energy suppliers; and
- with MSM.
Fulfilling an order you have placed
If you place an order for energy services through our service, we will share your personal information with energy suppliers (and they may collect additional personal information from you so that they can facilitate the energy switch you have chosen through our service); and also with MSM to process your order.
We use a company called Message Systems to help us manage our email communications. If you provide us with your personal information to send you your comparison results or if you set up an energy savings alert notification, we will share this information with them solely to provide this service.
Message Systems provides email delivery and analytics services. The company is based in the US.
They will not share your information with any other company or use it for any other purpose.
A company called Zendesk is used to help us manage customer services enquiries. If MSM asks us to provide assistance with a customer services enquiry, we will share this information with Zendesk solely to provide this service.
Zendesk is a customer service software platform that helps us effectively categorise enquiries and respond to them as efficiently as possible. Zendesk is based in the US. They will not share your information with any other company or use it for any other purpose.
To solve some enquiries, we may need to share your personal information with the energy service provider you placed your order with.
Service analysis and improvement
We use a number of companies to help us monitor the use of this service so we can improve it. We will share the information we collect with these companies only to provide the following services:
- Service monitoring: we use external companies to monitor the performance of this service so that we can ensure we keep it working as fast as possible and that we are alerted if there are any problems with it. These companies are based in the US
- Usability testing: we use a company called Optimizely to allow us to simultaneously test different versions of the service. Optimizely makes customer experience optimization software that allows us to continuously improve the user experience of the service and introduce new and better features. This company is based in the US.
- Reports and analysis: we use an analytics service provided by Google to help us collate and analyse all the data that we collect through this service and we use a company called Tableau to help us create internal reports so that we can better review and understand the analysis. Both these companies are based in the US.
These companies will not share your information with any other company or use it for any other purpose.
Some parts of this service are hosted by Amazon Web Services. Any information that we collect when you visit this service or use our services will be shared with Amazon Web Services.
Amazon Web Services is part of Amazon that provides powerful, scalable and highly secure cloud computing services for businesses. The company is based in the US but your personal information is only processed in the EU. The company will not share your information with any other company or use it for any other purpose.
We are a partner of HUGO. They use Decision Technologies Limited to provide this energy comparison service. We will share some of your personal information with HUGO when you use this service and they may combine it with other information they collect.
HTTPS://WWW.HUGOENERGYAPP.CO.UK is the website of HUGO, a company based in the UK.
You can find out more about how they process personal information by reading their full
We link to other companies’ websites from this service (such as that of the energy suppliers you have selected). We try to only include quality, safe and relevant links but we cannot guarantee or verify the content of any externally linked website. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they should have their own privacy policies and we have not endorsed or approved those policies. We cannot be held responsible (and do not accept any responsibility or liability) for the uses to which any other company puts your personal information once you have left this service.
Where permitted by law, we may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our rights and other agreements; and
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our group; our customers, or others.
We may also exchange your personal information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Some of the personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Union (EU). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EU who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
The only country outside the EU to which we transfer your personal information is the United Sates (US). When your personal information is transferred to the US we take steps to ensure that it is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice and appropriate legal and regulatory requirements. Many of the companies we use are certified by the Privacy Shield framework, which ensures an adequate level of protection for your personal information and respect for your rights. If US companies are not part of the Privacy Shield framework, then we engage with them using Model Contract Clauses approved by the European Commission. These contracts ensure those companies provide you with appropriate safeguards and enforceable legal rights.
Additionally, we have written agreements with all the companies based in the US to ensure they cannot process your personal information for any other purposes or share it with any other companies without our express permission.
By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Keeping your personal information secure is very important to us. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security measures to protect it. This service is certified secure by Qualys and we use a secure protocol (https://) to encrypt your information between your computer’s browser and this service. We protect our network with the latest firewall technology and we securely store personal information and encrypt it where necessary. In addition, we restrict the number of our staff that have access to any personal information and we have secure backup systems to ensure that any personal information cannot be lost or deleted. We train all our staff so that they understand the importance of keeping our customers’ personal information safe.
Please bear in mind that no information sent over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you send to this service and it is sent at your own risk.
Our service does not make any decisions based on solely automated processing, including profiling that would produce any legal effects of similarly affect you. If we introduce this technology in the future, we will notify you of this and update this privacy notice accordingly.
Decision Technologies Limited or HUGO will only send you your comparison results or communicate with you if you have asked us to do so. We will not send you any other emails or marketing communications.
You can find information on how to turn off cookies, or change the cookie settings on your browser, by reading our full
If you no longer wish to be contacted by us, then you can let us know by emailing us at email@example.com or by writing to us at the address below.
If you have any concerns about the accuracy of your personal information then you can contact us in writing by post or email (details below) and we will correct it.
If you want us to stop using your personal information then please contact us in writing by post or email (details below) explaining why you object to its use and what you want us to do. We will then respond appropriately to your request.
Please note that if you do not provide us with your personal information or object to us using it then this may prevent us from fulfilling certain requests (for example we cannot provide accurate information on potential energy savings or process an order to switch energy supplier).
You have the right to get a copy of the information we hold about you. This is known as a subject access request.
If you wish to make a subject access request then please contact us in writing by post or email (details below). You must provide your full name, address and a contact telephone number.
If we hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you the legal basis for us holding it;
- tell you what we are using it for;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to;
- tell you how long we keep it; and
- let you have a printed copy of the information or, if you prefer, provide it to you in a commonly used electronic format.
We will do this free of charge and we will respond to you within one month or your request.
If you identify any inaccuracies in the information we send you then we will correct it.
We update our privacy notice from time to time so we suggest you review it each time you provide any personal information. Any changes we may make in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified elsewhere on the service.
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy notice then please write to:The Data Protection Officer
Decision Technologies Limited
High Holborn House
52-54 High Holborn
London WC1V 6RL
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are concerned about the way we may be handling your personal information, then you can raise your concern with a supervisory authority in the EU member state where you reside. In the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
This privacy notice was last updated: 19th March 2020
Companies that act as a data controller of your personal information must have a clear lawful (legal) basis under which they can collect and use (process) it.
When we process an order you place for energy services and track the sale you have made through our service, the legal basis under which we collect and use your personal information is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract or pre-contractual steps (we have to collect your details and pass them to energy suppliers and other companies, detailed above, so we can fulfil your order).
In all other circumstances, the legal basis under which we collect and use your personal information is that it is necessary for our legitimate business interests. “Legitimate interests” means the interests of our company in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service and the best and most relevant experience.
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we have to consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests cannot override your interests – we will not use your personal information for activities where our interests are overridden by any potential impact to you.
The section below details the personal information we process for our legitimate interests and how we use that information.
|How we use your personal information||Our legitimate interests|
|To analyse and improve our services – We may use your personal information to help us understand how people are using this service so that we may improve it.||We need to ensure that our services work as effectively as possible. User analysis and visitor data enables us to ensure our services run at optimum performance and perform correctly.|
|To carry out research – We may use information of your visits to this service and your personal information to perform research to help us better understand the energy market and peoples’ use of energy services||Research enables us to develop new products and services for the benefit of the service users and for the benefit of our business and our partners to ensure the service can operate effectively in a competitive market.|